Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Free School Meals and Pupil Premium Grant
Since September 2014 all children in Reception, Years 1 and 2 have an automatic qualification to receive a free meal regardless of income, in line with the Government’s Universal Infant Free School Meals initiative. The government also introduced the Pupil Premium Grant (“PPG”) to help children from lower income families reach their full potential and to achieve higher academic grades at school.
Under this funding arrangement, infant schools receive £1,345 for every pupil who meets the eligibility criteria for ‘PPG’ so it is really important to us to make sure every child that meets the criteria is actually registered.
The Free School Meal Checking Service is an online process where we are able to check eligibility for free school meals under the Pupil Premium Grant system.
Do you Qualify?
You meet the criteria if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
If you meet or think you meet the criteria, please contact
|Infant School||Mrs Barnes 01277 624773|
|Junior School||Mrs Harrison 01277 652339|
In order to determine whether you would normally meet the eligibility criteria for FSM / PPG for your child / children, you will need to provide the following information:
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seeker Number
- your date of birth
- relationship to the child you are applying on behalf of
- your name (parent who is receiving the benefit)
It is important to note, that this will not affect any other benefits you are claiming and your information will be treated in the strictest confidence.